Course Description: SHE Principles with regard’s to the movement of people and machinery
There are significant risks involved in the movement of people and or moving machinery in a workplace. This course highlights the hazards; risks and means of protection created by SHE management systems and the law. This course is applicable to both mines and manufacturing
• Persons credited with this unit standard will be able to monitor, report and advise on the application of safety and health principles regarding the movement of people and materials in and around a working place. The competency includes:
• Explaining the structural safety principles and considerations in a working place as regards to the movement of people and materials.
• Demonstrating the safe manual handling of materials in a workplace
• Explain structural safety principles and considerations in a working place as regards to the
movement of people and materials.
• The types of incidents that can be encountered while there is movement of people and
materials in and around the workplace are explained.
• The environmental conditions that will have an affect on the person’s ability to manually
handle material are identified.
• The training requirements, equipment and tools for handling material in a workplace are
• The relevant personal protective equipment, tools and equipment which should be used
when handling specific types of materials are identified.
• The importance of training people in the safe operation of motorised equipment and
movement in workplaces is explained.
Required competencies or prior learning:
• Communication at NQF Level 2
• Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 2
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE:
SHE Practitioners . SHE Coordinators , SHE Representatives , Line Managers, Supervisors SHE
Management System Appointees, Staff